BELOW ARE THE LIST OF 11 MUST HAVE SOFTWARES FOR ADVANCED WINDOWS USERSThis is my #1 favorite software. Vmware helps us in installing multiple Operating Systems over one Operating System. Puzzled??? Well, to simplify things, Vmware allows us to run multiple Operating Systems(called slaves) on our computer. Say you are having Windows 7 installed on your computer as the main Operating System. Vmware runs as an application on Windows 7 and allows us to install other Operating Systems like Windows XP, Linux and 20 other types of Operating Systems. So, you don’t need to boot your computer to change your Operating systems. One Vmware Workstation can accomodate 20 such Operating systems.
Vmware is particularly useful for testing purposes. Also, there are some softwares which do not upgrade themselves according to new updates. Vmware can be pretty useful for such softwares. If you want to have a free alternative to Vmware, try out VirtualBox.
2. Sandboxie:Have you ever downloaded suspicious file from internet??? You have the doubt that the file may be binded with keylogger or any RAT. So, at such times, you can use Sandboxie to run your suspicious file and check whether it is infected. Sandboxie creates a virtual environment preventing your real system from being infected.
3. Visual Studio:When it comes to coding, .NET is the major platform. So, it is a must to have Visual Studio installed on your computer, if you are a coder. The Visual Studio development system is a comprehensive suite of tools designed to help software developers create innovative, next-generation applications. It’s the perfect work environment for application developers.
4. Deep Freeze:Deep Freeze is another virtualization software. It is mainly used to keeping computers intact and preventing systems from being infected. It functions similar to Sandboxie. Deep Freeze makes computer configurations indestructible and prevents against unwanted workstation changes—regardless of whether they are accidental or malicious. Deep Freeze is proven to reduce helpdesk support incidents and allows IT personnel to focus on more strategic IT needs.
5. TeamViewer:What will you opt for remote presentation or accessing any computer remotely??? Teamviewer is the best choice at such times. TeamViewer is an excellent screen-sharing and file-transfer app that can be used to facilitate business collaborations, remotely access a second computer, or help distraught relatives diagnose and cure computer problems.
6. TrueCrypt:It is one of the best encryption and data protection softwares available on web. Protect your sensitive data with this free open-source disk encryption software. Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk. Encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB flash drive. Automatically and transparently encrypt in real time.
7. AntiCrash:Most of us have the fear of “Blue Screen of Death”. A computer crash can cause heavy loss to our unsaved data. AntiCrash can intercept and fix up to 95.8% crashes, errors, freezes and blue screens. When a crash occurs, AntiCrash fixes it automatically; you have nothing to do! A must have software.
9. Hex Workshop:The Hex Workshop Hex Editor is a set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows, combining advanced binary editing with the ease and flexibility of a word processor. With Hex Workshop you can edit, cut, copy, paste, insert, and delete hex, print customizable hex dumps, and export to RTF or HTML for publishing.
10. CyberGhost VPN:Are you banned from any forum??? Try out this software. If you want to surf anonymously on web without displaying your real IP address, you use this VPN – CyberGhost VPN. There are many other proxy softwares on web. But, none of them gives total protection to your computer. Most of them are restricted to only browser activities.
11. Windows Key:Have you lost your Windows administrator password. This is where Windows Key software is of immense use. This software is the best tool for resetting lost windows passwords. Check out my tutorial on How to reset lost windows password for more information.
So friends, this was a short list of must have softwares for advanced Windows users. I have tried to integrate almost all necessary softwares which I know.
Have I missed your favorite software??? Do you want to add another software to this must have softwares list??? Please share your softwares with us in comments.