Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S are finally available in stores September 25 2015. But there is no surprise that there are fake iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus available in the markets. These fake iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus are very much similar to the original iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus but still they are not original so they are more harmful than useful as without any warranty they can stop functioning and showing you dead screen, poor call quality and user experience and waste of money.
Apple has expended its efforts to minimize the sale of fake iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus but one can still get his her hands dirty with the fake iPhone 6S especially in China.
Although the fake phones will still be sold in the markets, we have made a list of some simple checks which can help you identify the fake iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. More importantly many of these checks can be applied on the older models of iPhone like iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to identify if they are fake or original.
How to check if your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus is fake or original
1. First thing to remember is the latest iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus are heavier than iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
2. The most important thing to check in the new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus is 3D Touch. Apple is promoting its new multi-touch technology as a game changer in the gadgets industry. So you can spot a fake iPhone 6S or the iPhone 6S Plus by trying to use the 3D Touch feature. This check can tell you all alone if your iPhone 6S or the iPhone 6S Plus is fake or original.
3. Another most important feature of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus which will be lacking in the fake iPhone is Siri. Siri is the voice reorganization digital assistant of yours to help you use your iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus with simple voice commands.
4. The first and most common thing customers do not realize is that an original iPhone always contain the official logo of its manufacturer, Apple Inc. It is normally found at the back of the body.
5. To identify the fake iPhone, the second thing to check is its screws. Apple uses the pentalobe screws in the original iPhone whereas the fake iPhone has normal cross screws.
6. The Original iPhone display screen very sharp and crispy. If you find it pixeliated there is fair chance that the iPhone in your hand is fake or clone.
7. Another very important thing is the serial number of the iPhone which is found when you press about button on your screen in the general settings of the iPhone. That number can be verified from the Apple official website, which confirms its originality.
8. Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus have no external memory card slot like their predecessors. So if you have an iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus or any other model of iPhone with an external SD Card. It is a fake iPhone.
9. The remarkable feature of an iPhone is its ability to entertain its users with its iTunes. You can check if your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus is fake or original by connecting it with iTunes? If it does not connect, then it’s definitely not an original iPhone.
10. Its no surprise that you will purchase a new product that will enclosed in a sealed packaging box. But there are some details which are missing from a fake product box. Be sure to check these details on the box. The box must contain the model, description of the phone, the country name where it is manufactured, serial number and a bar code that ensures the originality of the product inside it. Usually the fake iPhone packaging is not as premium in quality as of the original iPhone.
11. There are still many checks which you can perform to spot a fake iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus. Like the original iPhone always show the logo of Apple when you restart your phone. Similarly the original iPhone comes with some pre-installed apps like Music, photos and iTunes. Also all the latest models of iPhone including the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus will have Apple Watch app installed already. If there is no Apple Watch app on your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus, it is definitely a fake iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus.
12. One last check which you can perform to distinguish between the fake iPhone 6S and original iPhone 6S is the Touch ID feature. The Touch ID feature has been improved very much in the latest models like iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S that you can use it for mobile payments using the Apple Pay. If you find the Touch ID is not smart, you either have configured it poorly or it is a fake iPhone 6S in your hands.
How to identify fake iPhone 6S Video
Fake iPhone 6S Vs Original iPhone 6s Performance Comparison Video
Since Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus hit the market and are available for sale, we have been getting news about the fake iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. Stay in touch with us to keep yourself updated on the topic and do let us know if you have ever bought a fake iPhone 6S and share your experience with us in the comments section.
How can you tell an original vs. fake iPhone serial number?
If you want to check the serial number, you can:
Click on "Settings".
Then go to "General".
Tap on "About".
Scroll down and check "Serial Number".
Take note of the numbers and check its authenticity at https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do.
Put in the serial number you have. If it says you have invalid numbers, your iPhone is a fake.